[TRLog] spotting QSOs

Subject: [TRLog] spotting QSOs
From: n4gn@n4gn.com (Tim Totten, N4GN)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:36:48 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:

> That's not what he meant.  He meant that one of the features of the
> N1MM program is a configuration that will spot every station you work
> S&P on the DX Cluster you are connected to.  So, all it takes is one
> lid using the N1MM software who can't copy calls and you automatically
> get a whole lot of bad spots on the cluster.

Even if the guy can copy, you get a slug of DL, G, F, JA, etc. spots.
That's all we need on the ol' "PacketClutter"!  As it is, some links can't
keep up with the traffic load during contests.  Adding that kind of
"feature" to a program and then claiming that it's O.K. because the user
can enable or disable it is irresponsible, to put it mildly.

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com