[TRLog] PTT output from the parallel port

Subject: [TRLog] PTT output from the parallel port
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (KL7RA)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:42:41 -0800

Udo writes:
> TR can't manage PTT because it does not know when
>the DVK message is over.

>Bob writes:
>Couldn't a similar routine be used for "PTT TURN OFF DELAY?"

The TRLog PTT signal could go true some set time before the DVK
control bits go true to allow the amp relays to close before the msg
starts. Once the message starts the DVK grounds the ptt path as well
keeping the relays closed to the end of the message. TR's PTT signal
can drop out a few milliseconds after the DVK msg starts as it's no
longer needed.

I was working on my new TR SO2R box this evening and noticed
when the DVK port is assigned to parallel two, the DVK control bits
on parallel one are all high (true). Makes for an interesting few minutes
of troubleshooting when you have a DVK on the wrong port. In this
case a MFJ 432 that dutifully played msg one through four then went
dead as a door nail.

73 Rich   KL7RA