[TRLog] PTT output from the parallel port

Subject: [TRLog] PTT output from the parallel port
From: rnygren@epix.net (Bob Nygren)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 17:02:49 -0500
Udo,
    I've had a chance to reflect on your comment. At first, your, (and Tree's)
answer clarified the issue.
    Now, I can't program my VCR, so if there is a real easy answer to my next
question, please don't think I'm a wise guy. We use the "PPT TURN ON DELAY"
statement to ensure time is sufficient for relays to close. Couldn't a similar
routine be used for "PTT TURN OFF DELAY?"
    I envision it working this way. I program the CQ message on the external
voice keyer, and time it. If it takes 6 seconds, I enter that as the PTT TURN
OFF DELAY.
    The parallel port contains provision for 4 DVK outputs, maybe the same
routine could be configured for each one.
    "PTT TURN OFF DELAY DVK1" for example.
    I'm sure the programming for this is not simple. But The beauty of TR is
its flexability.
    I've never tried to run 2 radio's, Single op. Perhaps there is something
in those routines which prevents the above from working.
    Again, I'm just seeking a way to save relays and remote preamps.

    Thanks again for your comments!

    Bob N3RN