[TRLog] Re: Lastcqfreq

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Lastcqfreq
From: mikeh@webraska.com (Mike Heideman)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:25:38 -0700
One other way I've noticed that LASTCQFREQ does not get set is
when using the Auto CQ features.  If you use Alt-Q or Alt-C to
start CQing on a new frequency then it does not go into the
Bandmap as a CQ frequency.  This may have been Mike's original
problem.  I remember something similar happening to me, jumping
to a different band because there was no CQ frequency recorded
on my current band because I started on the band with an
Auto-CQ.

This was also a problem when I QSYed from my original CQ
frequency on a band, then worked someone S&P and tried to
return.  It returned to the original CQ frequency and I had
forgotten where my new spot was where I had only Auto-CQed.

Another feature that would be nice with LASTCQFREQ is to
automatically return to CQ mode after returning to a previous CQ
frequency.  For some reason it always seems to require 2 or 3
ESC-key hits to get back into CQ mode.  If I'm returning to my
CQ frequency then I almost certainly want to CQ so why not just
put me back into that mode.

-Mike, N7MH

Ron Rossi said:
Wed, 29 May 2002 08:07:35 -0400

Mike,

Calling CQ with F1 or F2 is what sets the CQ frequency. The
program does not
assume if you work a station in CQ mode that that is your new CQ
frequency.
That would be too prone to user error and would probably cause
other problems
as well.

I have not yet been able to recreate the problems some folks
have been seeing
with the LAST CW FREQ function.

While playing around with this function though I did notice that
the last CQ
frequency is not remembered when restarting the program. I will
be changing
that in the next release. I have not decided whether I will
attempt to pull
the data from the band map or change RESTART.BIN to include it.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi(kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont

>>>K5NZ@aol.com said:
>
> In a message dated 5/28/02 3:22:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
> rrossi@btv.ibm.com writes:
>

> > Did you use the F1 of F2 keys while on 15m in CQ mode to set
the new CQ
> > frequency on 15m? Your description makes it sound like it
worked as
> > intended.
> > ie
>
> No I had changed to 15m run...then went for a mult on 15m and
when I tried to