[TRLog] rotator control

Subject: [TRLog] rotator control
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (KL7RA)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 23:04:08 -0800
Had the pleasure of hosting Bob, W9KNI of Idiom Press
at the contest station last Monday. I have several of his
TailTwister positioners (Rotor-EZ) installed with the  RS-
232 control port. They work great in that you can select
a direction and quickly be hands free.

During our conversation we talked about TRLog controlling
the rotator, a feature I do not use. It doesn't seem useful to
me and have never tried it.

I connected a controller to a serial port and found TRLog
runs the rotator just fine, JA sent it to 275, UA3 went to
356 and CX1 sent to 105, right on the money.

So I have the following questions:

Would it be of some interest to have TRLog control more
then one rotator?

Turning three antennas in a 4/4/4 stack to the same direction
with the Ctrl P command would be useful. It would suck up
serial ports with Rotor one = serial one style assignments
but maybe a Rotor # control bit or using a LPT port. The
Rotor-EZ kit uses a socket IC for upgrades. Maybe a
serial port rotator address could be added to the command?
All this may be academic as the serial port may work going
to two controllers in parallel, I will check that out.

Would it be of any value to have the program read the
position?

The command is "al1;" but of limited value as most everyone
has the controller in front of them. I have a unique problem
where I have some controllers behind me when my multi-op
station is configured for SO2R.

All this requires programming (time) and I don't want to waste
the resource on something of limited value. Still, controlling
a stack would be "cool" and now that everyone has them,
maybe doable.

Yo Tree   (good buddy, come-on)

I see the Orion port command but also the rotator type
command?? Looks to be the same thing to me..

73 Rich KL7RA

ORION PORT
Values: SERIAL 1 to SERIAL 4 Default: None
The ORION PORT is used to choose a serial port to
interface to the Orion rotator control.

ROTATOR PORT
Values: SERIAL 1 to SERIAL 4 Default: None
This is used to choose a serial port to interface to the
rotator control (which may be set with the ROTATOR
TYPE command).

ROTATOR TYPE
Values: DCU1 or ORION Default: None
Sets the type of the rotator control.