[TRLog] TR version 6.71...

Subject: [TRLog] TR version 6.71...
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:42:06 -0600
On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 01:14:01AM -0500, Ronald Rossi wrote:

> Version 6.71 - released 30 October 2002
>
>  - Added PACKET SPOT COMMENT to CTRL-J and LOGCFG.DAT options. This is a
>    15 character value you can specify which will be sent in the comment
>    field of a sent packet spot.

I assume the PACKET SPOT COMMENT is a fixed text string.  I can think of
several unfortunate uses of this feature (i.e. "GO SMC!")  What is its real
intended purpose?  Why would you want to send the same text string
comment out with _every_ spot?

What would be cool is the ability to have TR send out a correct QSX frequency
in the comment field when you are operating split, such as on 40SSB.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops