[TRLog] TR with FT817??

Subject: [TRLog] TR with FT817??
From: W1HIJCW@aol.com (W1HIJCW@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:37:05 EST
Hi All,

I recently used TRLog (version 6.70) with the FT897 in the Cal QSO Party. No
problem at all, although I did have to upgrade my copy of TR to a version
which had the FT817 protocol available.

As far as I could tell, the documentation for the instruction set of the
FT897 was identical with that for the 817, so I went ahead and told the
computer that the radio on the other end of the cable was an 817 and it was
gloriously happy for 20 hours.

Once in a great while, the computer would lose track of the radio but that
was quickly and easily fixed by cycling the power on the radio (a 3 second
fix). I'm not convinced that the problem wasn't either a computer problem
(WIN98se "restarted in DOS" on 100 MHz Pentium) or an RFI issue, rather than
something with the radio or the interface. BTW, there was never a computer
generated CW problem either.

73 de Bill, W1HIJ/6
(W6UFT in CQP2002)

multipart/alternative