[TRLog] WinKey CW generating device

Subject: [TRLog] WinKey CW generating device
From: Ron Stordahl" <ron.stordahl@digikey.com (Ron Stordahl)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:21:50 -0600
This looks like a possible device to generate CW using W2K or Win-XP.  The
advantage is that you will not be at the mercy of the multi-tasking nature
of these programs, where Windows decides to give it's attention to something
else in the middle of a CW transmission.  Since it uses standard serial port
I/O it should even work with USB to serial adapters (but don't quote me on
this!).

It appears to be a very low cost alternative to the W5XD MultiKeyer at $215,
which, although that product is a great CW generator, is really designed for
Single Op 2 Radio (SO2R) and thus far more advanced than most hams need.

K1EL is offering the 'WinKey' for $30.00 as a kit, but I contacted him and
he says he is working on providing an assembled and tested unit as a
somewhat higher price of course.

The 'WinKey' would require an enhancement to be made to Logic 6, so there
would have to be sufficient demand for this to occur.

Here is the link:  http://k1el.tripod.com/ and click on "WinKey is HOT".

Ron N5IN