[TRLog] More character support, pse

Subject: [TRLog] More character support, pse
From: jpe@UWasa.Fi (Jari Perkiömäki)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:44:52 +0200 (EET)
There is a feature which I would very much like to see implemented in
TRLog: the ISO-8859-1 character set, or if not the whole set, then at least
some of the most common Scandinavian/Central European characters. I know I
belong to the minority in this respect but I would imagine that some
interest would be among Central European users, too. Although I am not a
programmer, my understanding is that the implementation would not be too
difficult.

The reason: some of the Scandinavian contests allow words or character
strings as messages that contain characters such as ä, ö or å. These are
umlaut characters: "a umlaut", "o umlaut" and "a with ring on top" (and
their corresponding capital letters). At the moment, TR does not accept
these characters.

TR is a fine piece of software and I would not like to use other software
in parallel just for some of the contests.

Thanks for your attention in this matter,

Jari OH6BG