[TRLog] Noted while contesting.

Subject: [TRLog] Noted while contesting.
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:49:53 -0600

> Folks,
>
> It is easy to assume how easy or not something is. The evolution
> of code over
> time can make for some interesting twists. Some of the easiest
> sounding items
> are quite convoluted...trust me!

I understand.  I play at programming in Visual Basic and VB macros.

> In this case you would have to be greeted with a list of possible
> filenames to
> use just like when you fire up TR with multiple config files in a
> directory.

Not really, Ron.  From where does post get the data to create the
summary.dat file?

>From the .dat file containing the log information.

It seems like if post can find that, it can create and name a .sum file the
with same filename as the .dat file in which to place the summary data.
It's invisible to the user.  No questions asked.  Just like now.  Except
that the filename would be relevant to the contest being processed.

> There will be many .DAT files to choose from. IT is not as
> foolproof as it
> sounds at first, but doable. I can put this on the list, but I would not
> expect it to float up to the top too quickly.

Someone else commented that renaming the summary.dat file is something that
we can/should do ourselves outside TRLog.  I submit that the purpose of
software is to relieve the operator of mundane tasks.

73,
dale, kg5u