[Trlog] Exchange not being sent.

Subject: [Trlog] Exchange not being sent.
From: geoiii at kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Sun Feb 23 09:38:26 2003
On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 01:06:36AM -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
>  One day I tried to enter a contest for which TR provided no default
> exchange.  Hoo boy, raw welts on the scalp from scratching the head.
>  "What have I done wrong?  Why isn't the exchange working?  It always
> did before."  While it is all in the manual, until you have some
> experience with TR you have no context in which to place all the info.
>
> I believe this lack of default exchanges for some contests can cause
> problems for newbies, such as I was, and that this could be fixed with a
> note in the manual.  Something along the lines of, "TR supplies
> appropriate exchanges for several contests.  For others, you will want
> to program your own.  Here's how to do it...... etc."

I agree. I too had this problem - I think one of the things
that makes this so tricky is the number of CW memory locations.

I must confess it has been awhile since I have read through
the manual - but maybe we need to spell out the locations of
the various memory locations that are the ones that get
sent when you hit the enter key.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net