[Trlog] USB to RS232 adaptor

Subject: [Trlog] USB to RS232 adaptor
From: RobW3BBO at aol.com (RobW3BBO@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 20 13:18:24 2003
Hope this is an easy question for the group.  Bought a new computer and it
has only one serial port and 6 USB ports.  I'd like to add another Serial
Port for rig control.

In the past, I've used a Serial Port for rig control and a Parallel Port for
keying.  This time, I'd like to just use two Serial Ports.  At Dayton I
picked up a USB to RS232 adaptor.  Installed ok, but looks like it installed
itself as a "USB Human Interface Device"

I'm running Windows XP and can't find a way to configure this device as  COM
Port.  Possibly a program/driver needed?

Appreciate any help,
Bob W3BBO