[Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

Subject: [Trlog] Re: Trlog Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2
From: w9wi at earthlink.net (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Wed Jul 2 12:34:47 2003
On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 09:57, trlog-request@contesting.com wrote:
> From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
>
> Yup, and I'll bet that the early SSB glitches may have
> happened during disk writes.  I don't think any of them
> happened after we turned SMARTDRV on.  I think it was
> a Windows 98 machine, booted to DOS.

Yep, it was a Win98 machine booted to DOS.  ("BootGUI=0" in
C:\MSDOS.SYS)  I can't say as a fact it didn't stop when you turned
SMARTDRV on but I really think we *did* have some glitches after that
point.  I do clearly remember the display saying "432SSB" at some point
after sunrise, and I thought you did that change before then.

(Kirk & I operated the same station on FD)

We didn't try adjusting the ICOM RESPONSE TIMEOUT or anything like that
- I don't think the problem was annoying enough to be worth the
effort.   It's very possible some adjustments there - or to the Ten-Tec
menus (which I'm not familiar with, not owning a Ten-Tec radio myself) -
might have cleared it up.

> From: Victor Goncharsky US5WE <us5we@clx.latorica.lviv.ua>
> You meant 99.2% didn't you? (12 out of 1500)

I'm surprised I got it that close<grin>!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66