Re: [Trlog] Using TR-Log with LoTW

To: ve3iay@storm.ca
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Using TR-Log with LoTW
From: Paul Kirley <pkirley@neonramp.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:03:46 -0400
At 03:49 PM 9/25/03 -0400, you wrote:
>A good Cabrillo (or quasi-Cabrillo) file should have your call sign followed
>by
>the complete sent exchange, then the received call sign followed by the
>complete received exchange. For contests that it does not support, POST
>produces a "Cabrillo" file that has your call sign, the received call sign,
>your sent RST, and then the complete received exchange. The sent exchange,
>except for the RST, is missing. This file does not conform to the basic
>principles for Cabrillo files, and is not likely to be useful.

But yes, it IS useful for LoTW, which does not need the contest exchange data
except for the call worked; after all, LoTW was designed at least partly with
DXpeditions in mind.  If the "Cabrillo" file includes the call worked, and the
call sign field number is properly specified as I indicated earlier, it should
work for LoTW.

I think that we're both presuming that band, mode, frequency, time, date, etc.
is available in the "Cabrillo" file.  If so, I remain convinced that the
problem can be solved within TQSL.

73, Paul W8TM