[Trlog] SS Bandmap dupe bug

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] SS Bandmap dupe bug
From: "Mike Heideman" <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:57:57 +0000
During SS I noticed several times that I would receive a packet spot for a callsign on another band and then would be called by that station during a run. The callsign would remain in the Bandmap on the other band and when I did an S&P run on that band NEXTBANDMAP would take me to that frequency.

BAND MAP DUPE DISPLAY and BAND MAP ALL BANDS could be in either state. It's very easy to reproduce. Just dupe an unworked station on one band, switch to a different band and log that station, then switch back to the original band.

I also noticed the problem with slowness in the Exchange Window. This happened about 4 or 5 times during the contest and made it take about 10 to 15 seconds to finally log the QSO. My observation is that whenever this happened the callsign was not in the TRMASTER database being used. I had SMARTDRV running and over 70K of memory remaining at the time. All other QSOs but these few logged normally.

-Mike, N7MH