Re: [Trlog] Help! SBDVP and HP Laptop

To: "Denny Sahovic" <radio@kx7m.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Help! SBDVP and HP Laptop
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:39:32 +0000
Hi Denny:

Blast. So far, I've learned two things.

1.  The prompt in the SBDVP program is wrong.  The string has
to be "set BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T3", not "set BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3".
2.  On my Dell desktop, with on-board sound, DELL provides a DOS
program called SETUPDS.  If you boot DOS, run this program, and
do a "set BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T3", the sbdvp is happy on the Dell
desktop.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to figure out how to wake up the
sound card.  I'm not a DOS programmer and learning enough to do it
would probably take days.

Oh, well...I'll just continue to use a DVP and old DOS box for
contests, unless I get more information about the laptop.

73,

Mark, KD4D