Re: [Trlog] Keystroke Echo - VE7CC agn

To: kl7ra@ptialaska.net, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Keystroke Echo - VE7CC agn
From: paule@sfu.ca
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:20:54 -0800
> Subject: [Trlog] Keystroke Echo
>

> > I am using DXTelnet running under Win98 to act like a Packet TNC for TR
> Log -snip
> > I am able to send spots and the receive spots. However, when I use ctl-B
> to > bring up the packet screen and then type commands, I do not get an
> echo of -snip
> > 1. Is anyone else using this method to connect to the Internet and send
> and > receive spots in TR Log?
>
> Yes
>
> > 2. If you are, do you have the same problem with having to key 'blind' ?
>
> I also don't see the echo. I have never noticed this before as I use a
> radio connected to the program and TRLog can read the freq allowing me to
> use the "`" key. With (packet spots edit  =  true),  I do not have to use
> the Ctl B window to edit the spot before sending.
>
> > If anyone has a suggestion on how to set some parameter or option to
> allow -snip
> > Tod, KØTO
>
> I just spent some time trying to find a work around. I can see this might
> be a problem for folks without the radio interface. TRLog just sends the
> characters to the TNC program and I couldn't find a way to get DXTelnet
> to echo back. I think the old Heathkit TAPR TNC had the command
> "echo on" which would work here. I tried using the DXTelnet in TNC
> mode and that does allow you to see the keystrokes on the TNC side
> at least, but you can't run the TNC and Telnet program at the same time.
> One or the other grabs the serial port.
>
> I have a pretty old version of DXTelnet so they may have added "echo
> on" to the AUX file options. The author has always responded quickly
> to me for any requests for feature adds. Might drop him a note to see how
> to do it.
>
> Tree could probably fix this easy unless there is some coding issue.
>
> Geo, K5TR, may know a quick TRLog fix, but I couldn't find it myself.
>
> Rich KL7RA

You might want to check out VE7CC at: http://www.ve7cc.net/
Lee has made the program configurable to allow local echo on
thus making entries from CTRL B easier.

We used it at VE7SV for WW SSB and CW, and it worked great.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT ex VE7CQK - email: paule@sfu.ca
"Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad."