Re: [Trlog] Display of actual QSO totals

To: kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Display of actual QSO totals
From: Charlie Ocker <N9CO@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 18:13:22 -0700
kl7ra@ptialaska.net wrote:
I think it would be very useful if the displayed QSO total did not show dupes. It would give the operator a better idea of how he/she is actually doing. Correct me if I'm wrong; I've been using TR since v3.83 way back in the early 90's and seem to recall that the displayed QSO total used to work this way.
73,
Charlie N9CO

Hi Charlie

There is some logic in showing the actual number of contacts as long as
the score is correct. If you are running  4 or 5 a minute it requires some
part of that minute to work a station and it's not your fault they were a
dupe. Your best minute, 10 minutes, etc. shouldn't be penalized because
someone busted your call in a previous QSO and called you again. You
did in fact make all the contacts TRLog says you did, dupes and all.

Hi Rich,

I agree. The rate counter should take into account all q's made, dupes or not. I would still like to see my duped QSO total displayed. Or have a config file switch to control the QSO total (duped or raw) if room can't be found on the screen for this.

I assume the best rates in the old contester almanac ignored zero pointers.

I do agree with you that having the "B4" message turned off is a good
idea. It's sometimes faster to work them then explain they have a packet bust somewhere in their log. This, of course, screws them during log checking so I do send "B4" manually when time allows and always if
it's someone I remember calling in their pile.

Rich KL7RA

I usually always work dupes in Run mode except in SS, where the exchange is so long.

I had one guy this weekend call me twice within a two minute period.

73,
Charlie  N9CO