Re: [Trlog] Runaway WPM Speed With Auto-CQ (fwd)

To: jimsmith@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Runaway WPM Speed With Auto-CQ (fwd)
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:12:42 -0800
At 05:04 PM 1/8/04 -0800, you wrote:
I have found the same problem, even with the same number of ^F and ^S so
I have given up trying to change the speed of parts of the message.

If any of you are able to use this speed change technique successfully,
how about posting the contents of the message memory so I can see if it
works for me.

One thing I would really like to be able to do is have a message which
sends CQ at my normal speed but sends my call slower for when cndx are
difficult or I want to attract callers who (as I used to) have
difficulty with typical contest speeds.

I just love it when "Great Minds Think Alike". Now you know why I've been experimenting with this :-)

I think there's more to this than balancing ^F and ^S

And you are exactly right as I have discovered through trial & error.

Unless I copied the wrong .cfg, here is what I finally got partly working (subject to change as I play/work with it some more in the Simulator):

CQ MEMORY F1 = CQTEST \ \ TEST
CQ MEMORY F2 = CQ CQTEST \ \ TEST

Awwww, crap...this is not copying & pasting correctly I can see.

OK... I will stick an "X" for the default WPM speed-up and a "Y" for the speed-down CTRL character:

CQ MEMORY F1 = XXCQTESTY \ \ XXXTESTYYYYY<---NOTE: 5 speed-ups but 6 speed-downs!!!
CQ MEMORY F2 = CQ CQTEST \ \ XXTESTYY <---This one has same XX & YY but I'm not done yet

Give it a go, Matey.

73...

Rick, K6VVA