Re: [Trlog] 6.79 mode detection

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] 6.79 mode detection
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 05:54:26 +0000
K4RO noted:

FWIW, it seems that pressing Alt-M won't cycle through
"DIGI" any longer.  I had to set the radio (an IC-765)
to RTTY to force TR into digital mode. I think this may
be different than previous versions. I have to be in the
RTTY mode to use true FSK keying on the radio, and the
filter selection is far superior to LSB mode as well.

Interestingly, alt-M cycles through all modes - including DIG - on the K2.

DIG-reverse on the K2 is awfully useful when the BFO doesn't
go far enough to get the receiver's passband right for narrower
bandwidths & those high tones.

Really miss those narrow filters on 40!

73, VR2BrettGraham