[Trlog] RDXC & updating RUSSIAN.DOM

To: "TR-Log" <trlog@contesting.com>, "TOEC" <toec@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] RDXC & updating RUSSIAN.DOM
From: "Rolf T Salme" <rolf.salme@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:02:27 +0100
The RUSSIAN.DOM file for the Russian DX Contest
which is presently distributed with TR-Log is from
03/05/98 and slightly out of date.

Some information about new Oblasts or Oblast names
was earlier presented on the TR-Log reflector. Unfortunately,
it was not that easy to use for updating your RUSSIAN.DOM file,
since one could not easily understand what acronyms should
be replaced by the new ones.

Hrle, 9A6XX, has kindly helped me to have this clarified:

quote

Yaroslavskaya JA is changed to YR
Ryazanskaya RA is changed to RZ
Yamalo-Nenetsky JN is changed to YN
Evenkiyskiy EW is changed to EV
Saha YA is changed to SH
Koryaksky KJ is changed to KY

unquote

I have modified my own RUSSIAN.DOM accordingly,
done a dry run and it seems to work quite OK.

Thanks Hrle!

73,
Rolf
SM5MX