Re: [Trlog] TRlog READ option problem

To: tree@kkn.net
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TRlog READ option problem
From: G0MIC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 06:58:19 EDT
In a message dated 28/05/04 02:22:16 GMT Daylight Time, tree@kkn.net  writes:

On Thu,  May 27, 2004 at 06:55:52PM -0400, G0MIC@aol.com wrote:
> I have been  using the Read command line option to replay last years field
>  day files to test out some hardware options.
> Everything is OK  up to QSO 250 From there on a "LOG FILE SIZE CHECK FAILED
 !
> ! !  !" message and sound effect follows every QSO. Is this a feature of
the
> Read option or of 6.79 and is there any way of getting rid of the  message
and,
>  in particular the sound effect without loosing the  other sounds?.

It thinks your log file is too smal for the # of QSOs  you have.  Easy fix is
to put something in the front of the file to  make it bigger and then edit
it out later.

Send me the files and I  will see why it is happening, but that won't be a
quick  fix.

Tree

Thank you for your suggestion Tree.  I have continued experimenting  and
found the cause and solution.  The problem arose because, upon  suggestion from
fellow TR user in our Field day team, I had set the CONTACTS  PER PAGE = 5000.
 This is obviously too high for the program and having set  this to 50 all
works well again.
Sorry to have diverted you away from the more important job of improving  TR
Regards
Malcolm
G0MIC