Re: [Trlog] QTF what?

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] QTF what?
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:00:04 -0500
On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 01:33:23AM +0000, VR2BrettGraham wrote:

> Finally got around to seeing why TR tells me UA0SMF is 12000 km away from at
> a bearing of 166 degrees.
>
> Tried UA9* & UA0* - only UA0S, T & W are off.  Way off.
>
> Presumably a negative in front of what should be a positive number or vice
> versa
> for the position of those locations?  The data for this isn't in CTY.DAT...

No - the position is in the code.  And it was wrong for UA0S.  The location
is entered as a grid square - which the sunrise/sunset and beam heading
routine can use directly to compute headings.

The grid for UA0S was 0022 (zero-zero-two-two) which should have been OO22,
(oh-oh-two-two).  I am sure that will make a difference!

It will be fixed in the next release I send out.

Tree