[Trlog] DOS "Live CD" with TRLog

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] DOS "Live CD" with TRLog
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 02:27:12 +0000
Good day, all:

I've been fiddling with bootable DOS CD's.  I can make a CD which
will boot DOS and run TR or CT.  The log can be saved to a USB
stick.

I have successfully gotten CT running under FreeDOS, which means
that I can even send people a CD or iso image that they can use
which hopefully will run CT on almost any reasonably modern computer.

I haven't gotten TRLog to run for more than a few qso's
under FreeDOS yet.  I'm still experimenting with it.

Has anyone gotten TRLog to run under FreeDOS?  If so, please
send me your config.sys and autoexec.bat files and let me know
what version of FreeDOS you are using.

I know at least one person is successfully running TR under DR-DOS.
I'll have to read the license for that again, but I might be able to
send people an ISO image or CD with that installed, but FreeDOS
would be better.

Running TR from a bootable CD and a USB stick is cool!  :-)

Thanks and 73,

Mark, KD4D