Re: [Trlog] IARUHQ.DOM file with CR instead of LF

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] IARUHQ.DOM file with CR instead of LF
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:00:12 -0700
Hi everyone,

First of all, I "think" I'm dealing with George's file which I "think" I
downloaded before the test.

Here's the file with CR (0D) at the end of each line instead of LF
(0A).  Just one 0D, not two.

N2IC says that the file has to be in alpha order.  i.e. he moved ARA
from the first line to the proper line for alpha order.  So, I dumped
the file into Excel and sorted it.  Well, there are quite a few lines
that were out of order (such as AC and R1, R2 and R3, all of which are
at the end of the file) and ARM appears twice, as does ARRSM and ARSI.
Then I pasted the sorted file back into my text editor.  Just for fun, I
looked at the sorted file with my hex editor and now I see 0D0A at the
end of each line (CRLF).  I looked at a couple of other dom files (JIDX,
MIQP) and all their lines end with 0D0A

So, the file now has CR and LF at the end of each line, is in alpha
order and each line appears only once.

In the interests of configuration management, I stuck my call in the
header to keep it from being confused with other versions.  If it
actually fixes anything then Tree can change the header to whatever he
wants and use it.

I haven't tried it with POST yet.

73, Jim   VE7FO

Start of IARUHQ.dom +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IARUHQ DOM FILE BY VE7FO Monday, July 11, 2005 14:53
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

AARA  = AARA
AARC  = AARC
AARS  = AARS