[Trlog] How I made a USB bootable stick

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] How I made a USB bootable stick
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:39:32 -0800
This wasn't as straightforward as I hoped it would be.  The first two
methods I tried (the HP approch and the KD4D method) didn't seem to give
me something that would work 100 percent.

I ended up using this process:

http://www.weethet.nl/english/hardware_bootfromusbstick.php

but only up to a point.  After I had copied the boot sector to the USB
stick, I didn't have the IO.SYS and MSDOS.SYS or COMMAND.COM files on
the thumbdrive.  I knew that the IO.SYS had to be the first file on the
drive, or things wouldn't work right.  So I copied IO.SYS, then MSDOS.SYS
and then COMMAND.COM (in that order - one at a time) to the USB stick
from my DOS boot disk and then things seemed to be working okay.

Perhaps we should start distributing TR Log on USB bootable sticks?

Tree