[Trlog] 3 Bugs that need fixing from SS CW - TR679

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] 3 Bugs that need fixing from SS CW - TR679
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:10:10 -0500
Hello, all:

I found a new bug.  Naming a directory c:\TR679\05sscw
is a REALLY BAD IDEA appearently!  :-)  I started TR
and everything seemed to be working fine.  An hour before
the contest, I sent some CW and portions of the display
blanked out.  (Callsign entry fields, etc..)  Nothing that
I typed in got echoed.

Fortunately, flailing around, I discovered that
changing the subdirectory name to sscw05 fixed it!  Whew...

There are two other longstanding bugs that I would REALLY,
REALLY, REALLY like to see fixed.  Most of the others I
am living with OK at this point in 6.79.

1)  The "on-deck" call display in the upper right hand
corner usually gets cleared before I manage to work the
station.  Often, when entering a station (who was a dupe)
using CNTRL-D, I could hear the dupe tone but nothing was
displayed in this area for it at all.  If I miss the
tone, or forget the guys call, I have to re-enter it
to figure out what is going on!  Other times,
a call would appear for a while but then get cleared for
some reason.  Having this "persist" would help ME a lot!

2)  Once or twice during a contest, usually in the first hour,
the PTT line fails to clear and stays asserted.  Exiting and
restarting TR seems to be the only way to get this to clear.
It's rare enough that I haven't found a pattern, but it may
be correlated with doing SO2R and using CTRL-D while CW
is being sent.

Thanks, Tree, for a GREAT program.  Still the best for
a CW single operator (IMHO)!

73,

Mark, KD4D