Re: [Trlog] I really did it this time VY1JA

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] I really did it this time VY1JA
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 06:15:56 -0500
Hi J:

The most important thing to do to try to recover is NOT to write
anything to that disk drive.  Minimize any access to it.  Don't
boot from that drive if you can possibly avoid it.

Do you have another computer?  Could you create a MS-DOS boot floppy
to use to boot the laptop (does it have a floppy drive)?  If not,
I can send you a bootable DOS CD image if you have a CD burner.

Once you boot from the CD or floppy, try to COPY the logback.dat
file to the floppy and see what that is...

There are a few MS-DOS "undelete" utilities that may work.  If no
one with any experience with them chimes in, a "google" search
may yield some.  CHKDSK may also work.  I hope someone with more
experience in file recovery will chime in.

BTW, thanks for giving me a clean sweep!  :-)   Hope to see you in SSB
also!

73,

Mark, KD4D