Re: [Trlog] CTY-1603 Contest Country Files - 22 March 2006

To: <trlog@contesting.com>,"Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] CTY-1603 Contest Country Files - 22 March 2006
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:06:40 +0500
CTY.dat is growing every year. I consumes more and more valuable memory when
used with TR. I would be more careful with incorporation of many individual
calls into CTY.dat For instance all those  UE prefixes cannot be used in the
contests according to local regulations here in Russia. Therefore it is
hardly worth while incuding them into cty.dat
More and more often for contest where we plan to make over 2000-3000 QSO I
take one of the old and smaller CTY.dat files.

73, Igor UA9CDC