Re: [Trlog] CTY-1603 Contest Country Files - 22 March 2006

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] CTY-1603 Contest Country Files - 22 March 2006
From: "Dmitri Bagno (RW3FO)" <db@mai.ru>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:21:12 +0300
Hi Jim,

| Message: 4
| Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:19:49 -0800 (PST)
| From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
| Subject: Re: [Trlog] CTY-1603 Contest Country Files - 22 March 2006
| To: Igor Sokolov <ua9cdc@r66.ru>, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
|
| Igor, I'll do what I can for the next release. There is some historical
| data that probably doesn't need to be there for contesting

I remember I wrote you about former USSR Noths/South polar prefixes
in cty.dat, but still some of them are there. Definitely, those 4Ks
can be removed to save some amount of memory. At present time, the
4K prefix belongs to the Republic of Azerbaijan, and there are no
Azerbaijan stations in the following territories:

Franz Josef Land:
    4K2,FJL,R1FJ;
South Shetland:
    4K1ADQ,4K1F,CA8WCI/9,...
South Sandwich:
    4K1ZI,VP8SSI,...

As well as Igor, UA9CDC, I see that Russian section has some surplus data.
I.e. UB9S, UH9I, RJ9I, UB8V, RH0,RH7,RH8 etc. -- there are no such animals.
RR1, RR2, RR3 etc. are VHF repeaters. R270A,R270E and all of UEs are
single-event special call signs. So, if needed, some extra memory can
be released at the expence of Russian section.

Thanks & 73

--Dmitri (RW3FO)
db@mai.ru