[Trlog] FW: TR683 with TenTec Orion?

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] FW: TR683 with TenTec Orion?
From: "Fred Helmstetter" <fjh@uwm.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:38:50 -0500
Aside from the Alt-B/V thing radio control using 6.83 with a 1000MP and
IC746 here seems just fine. This Alt-B glitch does make it easy to get out
of sync and potentially log somebody on the wrong band since the program
still moves but the radio does not...

Most band map functions I've tried also work but I've had trouble giving it
a real workout because of a packet problem.  I've had no luck getting 6.8*
to handle incoming packet data on the serial port.  I get one line of text
at the top of the cntl-B window that overwrites itself.  No spots are parsed
out of the data. Value of PACKET ADD LF makes no difference.

Of course, swapping in 6.79 binaries with the same config files makes it run
fine.

Any ideas?

73,
Fred, N9FH