Re: [Trlog] Wish List/Help

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Wish List/Help
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:09:02 -0600
> Mark suggested that in S&P mode, the exchange window is always
> visible and is always green.  In CQ mode the exchange window is not
> always visible and when it is visible it is purple.  So an
> unambiguous S&P indicator is a green exchange window.

Yeah, I was gonna say something like this, too.  Two points:

1. I have always used the presence or absence of the exchange window as the
indicator of which mode, CQ or S&P, I'm in.

2. I program all my own colors, which anyone can do, so in my case the
windows are not green and purple :) but it's the same deal.

I've never used the F-key menus too much.  Sure I program them to say
something, but, perhaps because of my inherent verbosity, I can't do it in
80 characters.  I label my keyboard for sure.

Great to have you back in the contests after all these years, Hank.

73 - Mark, N5OT