Re: [Trlog] TRLog 6.78 & Orion 1.372 one way communication

To: "TRLog Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TRLog 6.78 & Orion 1.372 one way communication
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 04:09:10 -0000
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Cc: <trlog@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:00 PM
Subject: [Trlog] TRLog 6.78 & Orion 1.372 one way
communication

> After a long hiatus, I am trying to get my station ready
> for the contest this weekend.  My
> ancient 486/DOS 6.21 gave up the ghost.  My backup runs
> WIN95.  I can get the OMNI VI+
> to communicate with any of the serial ports @ 2400 baud.
> The Orion, running 1.372 software,
> used to work perfectly with the old PC.  Now, I can use
> TRLog to tell the Orion to move
> frequencies, but the computer doesn't display the
> frequency back from the Orion on any
> of the serial ports.
>
> I am running in the MSDOS window of WIN95 - when I "boot
> to DOS" from the START
> menu, only about 410K is available for DOS programs for
> some reason, so TR won't
> run.
>
> Any easy fixes?  I still have several days of antenna work
> to do before the contest starts
> Friday night.
>
> Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9

Is the hard drive from the 486 ok? If so, put it in the
win95 machine instead of the hd that is in there now. Just
place it in there somewhere. Don't worry about mounting
screws, etc. You will know within an hour whether you can
get it to work. If not, just take it out and try another
plan.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ