[Trlog] keying glitch

To: TR-log reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] keying glitch
From: Dick Frey - K4XU <k4xu@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:37:11 -0800
Can one of the computer gurus out there suggest something that will
prevent my W98 laptop, while operating out of a dos window, from
occasionally hanging for a dash length or so when sending cw. The CW key
is via the LPT port, COM1 is talking to the radio. I'm thinking it's due
to W98 doing something stupid while it's supposed to be doing TR. The
club has three other laptops that do not have this problem so it may be
a W98 setup issue in this computer.
I'm still using v6.79 since I only have one radio connected and do not
use band map or spotting.

Tnx,

Dick  k4xu