[Trlog] Multi-port serial port woes

To: TR <TRLOG@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Multi-port serial port woes
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:08:56 -0500
Has anyone been able to get TRLog to work with a PCI multi-port serial board
that was not a Byterunner ?

I have a 4-port PCI serial board, and the DOS driver from the manufacturer. The
driver seems to be working - at least it's output says useful things like:

Port 1:E800H, IRQ: 09H, COM3
Port 2:E808H, IRQ: 09H, COM4
Port 3:E810H, IRQ: 09H, COM1
Port 4:E818H, IRQ: 09H, COM2

TR PORT also looks correct - with COM1-COM4 mapped to E800, etc.
TR IOPORT also seems to behave correctly at the E802, E80A, E812 and E81A
addresses.

Other, possibly relevant, information:

- The DOS driver is from Oxford Semiconductors (it's called OXSER.EXE).
- Running under FreeDOS, not MSDOS.
- Same serial board works fine under Win XP with N1MM Logger.
- I have a mult-port PCI parallel port installed with it's DOS driver - works
fine with TRLog.

73,
Steve, N2IC