[Trlog] Alt-E scare

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Alt-E scare
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 03:48:33 +0000
Was editing a note in the log, last line of 5 Q window.  Line
above that was another note.  Made one edit to last line,
then accidently hit <home>.  I then repositioned cursor
(including what I think was probably a tap of <up arrow>
key) & suddenly the next-to-last-line of the 5 Q window
was replaced by a copy of text on the last line of the 5 Q
window.  I could not <esc> to abort the edit - the program
decided I would have two of one note & not one of each.

Could not remember what the changed line had said, so
figured it was lost, did an Alt-X & thank goodness, the
next-to-last-line of log.tmp had not changed to match what
the screen showed before exiting.

The problem I reported with Qs disappearing before looks
to have been a bit of a fluke - turns out had a few missing
clusters & Sod's Law holds that of all the available clusters
on the HD, the OS will manage to try to use the lost ones
more often than the overwhelming majority of good ones.

SCANDISK/CHKDSK not reporting anything on walkabout
now - is it really possible to do an Alt-X from 6.85 & contents
of log.tmp differ from what had been displayed before exit?

73, VR2BrettGraham