Re: [Trlog] newbie question: How to tie in Internet clusters to TRLog:

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] newbie question: How to tie in Internet clusters to TRLog:
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:02:58 +0000
Hi Allan:

I also love TR-Log and still use it.  For WAE CW, I DO connect to an internet
packet cluster for spots (using telnet).

Telnet is the basic protocol for getting packet spots from the internet that
come in the same way as you get them from a TNC.

There is a program called WintelnetX that you can run on a Windows XP
(or other Windows) platform.  That connects to the TR-Log computer using
a serial (null modem) cable.  This requires that the Windows XP computer
have a serial port also.

I can send you the WintelnetX setup or provide more information.  Since
TR-Log is running under MS-DOS, it is impractical to try to get THAT
DOS computer to also connect to an internet packet cluster.

If you want to experiment with a telnet packet cluster, open up a Windows
Command Prompt and type "telnet k1ttt.net".

If you want the exact setup for the WintelnetX setup, let me know.

73,

Mark, KD4D

From: "Allan Taylor" <radio.k7gt@gmail.com>