[Trlog] Paddle port and older Dell Dimension 2350

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Paddle port and older Dell Dimension 2350
From: "ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:07:14 -0600
Has anyone got the paddle port working on any older Dell Dimension?  The
serial interface is working (with an Orion no less), and the parallel
keying port is working, but the parallel paddle port is not.  I am using
a W1WEF interface.  I've verified pins 12 and 13 are pulled up.  I've
verified they go low when I close the respective paddle, but no CW is
generated.  I've taken the manual BIOS address and IRQ assignment for
the parallel port (0x3bc) and I've tried the other choices (0x278 and
0x378) all with the same results.  CFG is:

MY CALL = KE5C
CONTEST = CQ WW
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
PADDLE PORT = PARALLEL 1
RADIO ONE TYPE = ORION
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1

Any ideas appreciated.