Re: [Trlog] CQ160 and version 6.93

To: "'TRLog Reflector'" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] CQ160 and version 6.93
From: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:25:22 -0600

> > Is the exchange handled correctly? I keep feeling that it
> is not right
> > -- could be me that is 'not right' of course.
>
> Probably not for the 6.79 version.
>
> > As I recall version 6.93 was created to deal with new CQ160
> > exchange/multiplier format.

Since 6.79 has DVK support and does not have the NEW CQ 160 format support I
did the following:

I went back to version 6.79 and have been using it so I have DVK working.
After every DX QSO I make a log entry note as to the zone. If I type "DX" as
the zone number when I am entering the QSO in the log the correct DX
multiplier Identity is logged. Since the number of DX stations I worked
during the first night is modest [and likely to remain that way], adding a
note after each one is feasible. If my QTH were along the East Coast I might
not feel the same way.

Tod, K0TO