Re: [Trlog] TR4W -- SO2R

To: "'RT Clay'" <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR4W -- SO2R
From: "Tod -ID" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:56:03 -0600
Tor:

My setup is a TopTen DXDoubler and a regular keyer for paddle input and LPT1
for the computer keying line.

Sending on the wrong radio is an interesting 'failure mode' but not one that
I feel I have seen [yet].

I did find that when I examined the logging for the 7QP contest that the
physical radio designated Radio 2 did not have the frequency recorded while
Radio 1 did. After a number of tests I determined that for my configuration
[FT1000MP's] that the program simply was not sending data to and reading
data from Radio 2 via that CAT connection.

I tried setting/changing several of the configuration file statements to see
if I could correct that and was unable to get proper communication between
the physical radio assigned to Radio 2 and the program. The same
communication path and physical radio worked properly when assigned as Radio
1.

At this point I have sent a note to Dmitriy but heard nothing back. It may
be that I simply have not set all of the Configuration Statements correctly
which is why I thought I would ask this list for advice.

Fortunately, my computer has more than two serial ports so I can use TR-Log
when I wish to operate SO2R. If I had one or no serial ports this would not
be possible. I currently have a dual boot system which selects between XP
and WIN98 but there are times when I would prefer to be running XP rather
than WIN98.

Thank you for your information.

Tod, K0TO