Re: [Trlog] TR4W

To: "'Tod -MN'" <tod@k0to.us>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR4W
From: "k0dq" <k0dq@analog.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:04:22 -0400
Tod,

Thanks.  All that makes sense and am doing that with my older computers
(desktops and laptops) that have 'real' Parallel / LPT ports. Haven't used
it in a 48 hour contest yet, but all works well unless there's some hidden
deal.  I'm only interested in CW, BTW, and am trying to figure this out for
the 'take a laptop to Aruba' setup.  The Alt-D SO2R function is the one I'm
particularly trying to preserve.

USB-serial ports can do virtually everything EXCEPT switch the DXD from
radio 1 to radio 2.  While USB-serial ports work well, USB-LPT ports don't
work. That's the challenge - getting the LPT pin 14 Radio Select A/B signal
from a USB only computer.

Blessings

Scott