[Trlog] TR 700 Issue

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TR 700 Issue
From: Ed Schuller <eschuller@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:53:57 -0800 (PST)
Ed, W0YK wrote:

<<In any case, it appears that removing the "NOEMS" parameter from EMM386 in
CONFIG.SYS solves my problem by allowing EMM386 to setup Extended Memory.>>

I did this, and it still crashes. I run native dos, and with the noems
statement removed, the machine gets to a spot where it says that ems is not
loaded. It then asks for a key press, and then executes the emm. I get to the
dos prompt, and when I run TRlog, the systems crashes (as if I hit
cntrl-alt-del). So no change for me. It appears that my 2 choices at this
moment are either to heavily modify the cty file to release memory (and run
696), or give up using TR. Neither choice is appealing to me, but I don't seem
to have a solution. I ran "mem" to check sizes, and everything is fine. So I
seem to have some statement conflict. My DOS programming skill seem to have
gone the way of my hair......

73,
Ed - K6CTA