Re: [Trlog] Parallel Serial Port

To: TR Log <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Parallel Serial Port
From: Ron Rossi <kk1l@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:15:52 -0500
This is what I used for quite a while. It is adapted from many other designs out there.

http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l/kk1l_so2r/kk1l_so2r.pdf

http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l/kk1l_so2r/index.html

73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@comcast.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont
My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l

On 1/23/2014 13:09, Tree wrote:
If you have "real" serial ports - you can use one each of them to both
interface to your radio AND send keying CW.  You can use the parallel port
for the paddle input if you want and it will be directed to the correct
radio.

The other option is to build up a small relay box that is controlled from
the one parallel port - and have it switch the CW from the parallel port to
the active radio.

Tree