Re: [Trlog] Parallel Serial Port

To: kk1l@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Parallel Serial Port
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:36:22 -0800
Ron's design is essentially what I use as well.  Pretty straightforward.
Keeping the grounds isolated on the microphone circuits is very important
to reduce ground looped induced RF feedback issues.

Instead of transistors - I used radio shack reed relays - which have now
lasted > 15 years without any issues.  This enables me to not worry about
using grid blocked keying transmitters (or even cathode keying radios!).  I
have two PTT contacts for use when I need to do RX antenna - or preamp
switching.

Tree