Re[2]: Omni VI filter ringing and "sleep" in CW TX?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Omni VI filter ringing and "sleep" in CW TX?
From: DFREY@maila.harris.com (DFREY)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 17:20:28 -0500
     >I also have a problem with drive power.  Mine will put out about 95w
     >on most bands.  I don't see an easy way to increase this power.  At
     >95w, my pair of 3-500Z's get to about 1KW.  At 125W they will go to
     >1500W.

     C'mon Bill don't whine, you knew that before you bought it.

     If you're feeling adventurous, try turning up the output voltage on
     your power supply to 15V and readjust the ALC for 125W.  A typical T-T
     final will do it on most bands.  However, Mr. Ten-Tec will neither
     condone nor support any failures resulting from this type of
     mistreatment....

     I have a T-T PA (from a lightening-zapped Omni-V) with different
     finals in it (MRF422?) and it works great at 150W out.  The drive gets
     squirrely on the higher bands where the gain drops off and there are
     some unknown issues about spurious output which must be addressed with
     a spectrum analyzer.  If the desire were there, T-T could come up with
     a hotter final, but with all the amps out there which feed just fine
     with 50W, I don't see the need except for SS CW prec A.

     Dick,  K4XU    ...in beautiful downtown Quincy