MFJ keyer problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: MFJ keyer problems
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 12:59:05 -0400 (EDT)
>         I have never liked this keyer much.  What do you guys recomend for
> an excellent keyer?

I've been using a TenTec KR-40 Iambic keyer for about 24 years and love
it. The snappy feel of the magnetic springs in the paddles is wonderful. I
even bought one for a spare recently at a hamfest. They also made the
KR-50, a newer model , but I'm not familiar with it. Their newer keyers
use electromagnets instead of permanent magnets and require dc voltage.
The KR-40 ran on 110v ac and can easily be modified for 12vdc and used for
mobile cw. It uses Mode B Iambic and is very easy to use. I never had any
RFI problems like the MFJ stuff often has.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky