New QRP transceiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: New QRP transceiver
From: prvalko@Oakland.edu (Paul R. Valko)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 09:44:20 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Paul, Wv3j wrote:

> Just two cent's worth.

Paul,

Just thought I'd let you know that Ten Tec polled the QRP-L for desirable
features and implemented them in these anxiously awaited kits.  They are
marketing it for about $50 less than the median price point (as I
recall).

I do remember the group desired AGC.  Even though many of us don't use AGC
when hunting for the weak ones, I really doubt the receiver quality in
these units won't quite be up to Omni IV standards.

I also would have liked to see an audio or crystal filter but hey...
that's what the Radio Shack $27 DSP is for.

73 =paul= W8KC

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html