HF amp kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: HF amp kit
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc.)
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 13:42:11 Eastern Standard Time

>From: "Paul, Wv3j" <phelbert@rica.net>
>Hey TEN TEC,
>
>How about a kit version of the 411 Centaur?  The old Heathkit SB 200's and
>220's were a great buy and fun to build, but my SB 200 wants 160 meter
>capabilities.  So how about a BIG kit from Ten Tec?
>
>Pretty please?
>
>Paul - WV3J

We've had this suggestion before.  The reason we have not offered an HF
linear amplifier kit (and will not in the future) is that we have,
unfortunately, become an increasingly litigious society and we are afraid of
a lawsuit should a kit builder maim themselves building with high voltage.
Don't laugh - amateur radio companies have by no means been immune to this.

Thanks for asking, Paul.

73's, Scott Robbins W4PA @ Ten-Tec

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html