HF Amp Kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: HF Amp Kit
From: phelbert@rica.net (Paul, Wv3j)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:48:41 -0700
>     Now for that Amp issue. I support the comments about a solid state
>     amp. I really do not think I would need a full gallon, but 500 to 600
>     watts of key down RTTY in a no tune solid state amp kit would have my
>     money on the line. I might even buy two and cut the coax between my
>     Scout and the mobile HF antenna. Swapping tuning modules, like in the
>     Scout, would not bother me either if it would keep the cost down.

I subscribe to the above as an excellent idea.  With a given output filter
module in place it'd just sit there as a "brick" for that band.  It'd need
an on/bypass switch and an idiot light or two to show what's happening.
Meters would be nice, but would run up the cost.

BTW: I've a very nearly mint, clean, unmodified, full output Heathkit SB 200
for sale for someone who wants a killowatt on 10 through 80 meters.

Paul Helbert
540 896-7107
phelbert@rica.net

--