HF Amp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: HF Amp
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 96 10:56:21 -0500
>From:        Mark Libner-GUSR32, Mark_Libner-GUSR32@email.mot.com
>
>     It is another sad commentary on our Hobby when a fellow ham brings a
>     law suit against a company that offers a high power kit. But I know it
>     happens. Anyone with a ham license should have the knowledge to build
>     and safely troubleshoot/service any radio and amp they have. At a
>     minimum, all hams should know their limitation and keep out where they
>     don't belong! We have become law suit crazy these days for sure.

AH, you mis-interpret. Lawsuits of this nature don't usually come from
the victom of injury, but rather their family. If someone accidentally
electrocutes himself on an amplifier HV line, his FAMILY sues for
accidental death.

This same process has all but driven light aircraft manufacturers out of
business. (Ironically, the light *KIT* aircraft business is booming)

Bill Coleman, AA4LR           Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html